Anagrams Of CAT
Definition of CAT
- n. - An animal of various species of the genera Felis and Lynx. The
domestic cat is Felis domestica. The European wild cat (Felis catus) is
much larger than the domestic cat. In the United States the name wild
cat is commonly applied to the bay lynx (Lynx rufus) See Wild cat, and
- n. - A strong vessel with a narrow stern, projecting quarters, and
deep waist. It is employed in the coal and timber trade.
- n. - A strong tackle used to draw an anchor up to the cathead of a
- n. - A double tripod (for holding a plate, etc.), having six feet,
of which three rest on the ground, in whatever position in is placed.
- n. - An old game; (a) The game of tipcat and the implement with
which it is played. See Tipcat. (c) A game of ball, called, according
to the number of batters, one old cat, two old cat, etc.
- n. - A cat o' nine tails. See below.
- v. t. - To bring to the cathead; as, to cat an anchor. See Anchor.
The word CAT is a 3 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for CAT is: cat