Anagrams Of Clap
Definition of clap
- v. t. - To strike; to slap; to strike, or strike together, with a
quick motion, so, as to make a sharp noise; as, to clap one's hands; a
clapping of wings.
- v. t. - To thrust, drive, put, or close, in a hasty or abrupt
manner; -- often followed by to, into, on, or upon.
- v. t. - To manifest approbation of, by striking the hands
together; to applaud; as, to clap a performance.
- v. t. - To express contempt or derision.
- v. i. - To knock, as at a door.
- v. i. - To strike the hands together in applause.
- v. i. - To come together suddenly with noise.
- v. i. - To enter with alacrity and briskness; -- with to or into.
- v. i. - To talk noisily; to chatter loudly.
- n. - A loud noise made by sudden collision; a bang.
- n. - A burst of sound; a sudden explosion.
- n. - A single, sudden act or motion; a stroke; a blow.
- n. - A striking of hands to express approbation.
- n. - Noisy talk; chatter.
- n. - The nether part of the beak of a hawk.
- n. - Gonorrhea.
The word clap is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for clap is: clap