Anagrams Of Cool
Definition of cool
- superl. - Moderately cold; between warm and cold; lacking in
warmth; producing or promoting coolness.
- superl. - Not ardent, warm, fond, or passionate; not hasty;
deliberate; exercising self-control; self-possessed; dispassionate;
indifferent; as, a cool lover; a cool debater.
- superl. - Not retaining heat; light; as, a cool dress.
- superl. - Manifesting coldness or dislike; chilling; apathetic;
as, a cool manner.
- superl. - Quietly impudent; negligent of propriety in matters of
minor importance, either ignorantly or willfully; presuming and
selfish; audacious; as, cool behavior.
- superl. - Applied facetiously, in a vague sense, to a sum of
money, commonly as if to give emphasis to the largeness of the amount.
- n. - A moderate state of cold; coolness; -- said of the
temperature of the air between hot and cold; as, the cool of the day;
the cool of the morning or evening.
- v. t. - To make cool or cold; to reduce the temperature of; as,
ice cools water.
- v. t. - To moderate the heat or excitement of; to allay, as
passion of any kind; to calm; to moderate.
- v. i. - To become less hot; to lose heat.
- v. i. - To lose the heat of excitement or passion; to become more
The word cool is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for cool is: cool