Anagrams Of Eye
Definition of eye
- n. - A brood; as, an eye of pheasants.
- n. - The organ of sight or vision. In man, and the vertebrates
generally, it is properly the movable ball or globe in the orbit, but
the term often includes the adjacent parts. In most invertebrates the
years are immovable ocelli, or compound eyes made up of numerous
ocelli. See Ocellus.
- n. - The faculty of seeing; power or range of vision; hence,
judgment or taste in the use of the eye, and in judging of objects; as,
to have the eye of sailor; an eye for the beautiful or picturesque.
- n. - The action of the organ of sight; sight, look; view; ocular
knowledge; judgment; opinion.
- n. - The space commanded by the organ of sight; scope of vision;
hence, face; front; the presence of an object which is directly opposed
or confronted; immediate presence.
- n. - Observation; oversight; watch; inspection; notice; attention;
- n. - That which resembles the organ of sight, in form, position, or
- n. - The spots on a feather, as of peacock.
- n. - The scar to which the adductor muscle is attached in oysters
and other bivalve shells; also, the adductor muscle itself, esp. when
used as food, as in the scallop.
- n. - The bud or sprout of a plant or tuber; as the eye of a potato.
- n. - The center of a target; the bull's-eye.
- n. - A small loop to receive a hook; as hooks and eyes on a dress.
- n. - The hole through the head of a needle.
- n. - A loop forming part of anything, or a hole through anything,
to receive a rope, hook, pin, shaft, etc.; as an eye at the end of a
tie bar in a bridge truss; as an eye through a crank; an eye at the end
- n. - The hole through the upper millstone.
- n. - That which resembles the eye in relative importance or beauty.
- n. - Tinge; shade of color.
- v. t. - To fix the eye on; to look on; to view; to observe;
particularly, to observe or watch narrowly, or with fixed attention; to
hold in view.
- v. i. - To appear; to look.
The word eye is a 3 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for eye is: eye