Anagrams Of Fund
Definition of fund
- n. - An aggregation or deposit of resources from which supplies
are or may be drawn for carrying on any work, or for maintaining
- n. - A stock or capital; a sum of money appropriated as the
foundation of some commercial or other operation undertaken with a view
to profit; that reserve by means of which expenses and credit are
supported; as, the fund of a bank, commercial house, manufacturing
- n. - The stock of a national debt; public securities; evidences
(stocks or bonds) of money lent to government, for which interest is
paid at prescribed intervals; -- called also public funds.
- n. - An invested sum, whose income is devoted to a specific
object; as, the fund of an ecclesiastical society; a fund for the
maintenance of lectures or poor students; also, money systematically
collected to meet the expenses of some permanent object.
- n. - A store laid up, from which one may draw at pleasure; a
supply; a full provision of resources; as, a fund of wisdom or good
- v. t. - To provide and appropriate a fund or permanent revenue for
the payment of the interest of; to make permanent provision of
resources (as by a pledge of revenue from customs) for discharging the
interest of or principal of; as, to fund government notes.
- v. t. - To place in a fund, as money.
- v. t. - To put into the form of bonds or stocks bearing regular
interest; as, to fund the floating debt.
The word fund is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for fund is: fund