Anagrams Of Game
Definition of game
- n. - Crooked; lame; as, a game leg.
- v. i. - Sport of any kind; jest, frolic.
- v. i. - A contest, physical or mental, according to certain rules,
for amusement, recreation, or for winning a stake; as, a game of
chance; games of skill; field games, etc.
- v. i. - The use or practice of such a game; a single match at
play; a single contest; as, a game at cards.
- v. i. - That which is gained, as the stake in a game; also, the
number of points necessary to be scored in order to win a game; as, in
short whist five points are game.
- v. i. - In some games, a point credited on the score to the player
whose cards counts up the highest.
- v. i. - A scheme or art employed in the pursuit of an object or
purpose; method of procedure; projected line of operations; plan;
- v. i. - Animals pursued and taken by sportsmen; wild meats
designed for, or served at, table.
- a. - Having a resolute, unyielding spirit, like the gamecock;
ready to fight to the last; plucky.
- a. - Of or pertaining to such animals as are hunted for game, or
to the act or practice of hunting.
- n. - To rejoice; to be pleased; -- often used, in Old English,
impersonally with dative.
- n. - To play at any sport or diversion.
- n. - To play for a stake or prize; to use cards, dice, billiards,
or other instruments, according to certain rules, with a view to win
money or other thing waged upon the issue of the contest; to gamble.
The word game is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for game is: game