Anagrams Of Joint
Definition of joint
- n. - The place or part where two things or parts are joined or
united; the union of two or more smooth or even surfaces admitting of a
close-fitting or junction; junction as, a joint between two pieces of
timber; a joint in a pipe.
- n. - A joining of two things or parts so as to admit of motion;
an articulation, whether movable or not; a hinge; as, the knee joint; a
node or joint of a stem; a ball and socket joint. See Articulation.
- n. - The part or space included between two joints, knots, nodes,
or articulations; as, a joint of cane or of a grass stem; a joint of
- n. - Any one of the large pieces of meat, as cut into portions by
the butcher for roasting.
- n. - A plane of fracture, or divisional plane, of a rock
transverse to the stratification.
- n. - The space between the adjacent surfaces of two bodies joined
and held together, as by means of cement, mortar, etc.; as, a thin
- n. - The means whereby the meeting surfaces of pieces in a
structure are secured together.
- a. - Joined; united; combined; concerted; as joint action.
- a. - Involving the united activity of two or more; done or
produced by two or more working together.
- a. - United, joined, or sharing with another or with others; not
solitary in interest or action; holding in common with an associate, or
with associates; acting together; as, joint heir; joint creditor; joint
- a. - Shared by, or affecting two or more; held in common; as,
joint property; a joint bond.
- v. t. - To unite by a joint or joints; to fit together; to
prepare so as to fit together; as, to joint boards.
- v. t. - To join; to connect; to unite; to combine.
- v. t. - To provide with a joint or joints; to articulate.
- v. t. - To separate the joints; of; to divide at the joint or
joints; to disjoint; to cut up into joints, as meat.
- v. i. - To fit as if by joints; to coalesce as joints do; as, the
stones joint, neatly.
The word joint is a 5 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for joint is: joint