Anagrams Of Late
Definition of late
- v. - Coming after the time when due, or after the usual or proper
time; not early; slow; tardy; long delayed; as, a late spring.
- v. - Far advanced toward the end or close; as, a late hour of the
day; a late period of life.
- v. - Existing or holding some position not long ago, but not now;
lately deceased, departed, or gone out of office; as, the late bishop
of London; the late administration.
- v. - Not long past; happening not long ago; recent; as, the late
rains; we have received late intelligence.
- v. - Continuing or doing until an advanced hour of the night; as,
late revels; a late watcher.
- a. - After the usual or proper time, or the time appointed; after
delay; as, he arrived late; -- opposed to early.
- a. - Not long ago; lately.
- a. - Far in the night, day, week, or other particular period; as,
to lie abed late; to sit up late at night.
The word late is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for late is: late