Anagrams Of Shoal
Definition of shoal
- n. - A great multitude assembled; a crowd; a throng; -- said
especially of fish; as, a shoal of bass.
- v. i. - To assemble in a multitude; to throng; as, the fishes
shoaled about the place.
- a. - Having little depth; shallow; as, shoal water.
- n. - A place where the water of a sea, lake, river, pond, etc.,
is shallow; a shallow.
- n. - A sandbank or bar which makes the water shoal.
- v. i. - To become shallow; as, the color of the water shows where
- v. t. - To cause to become more shallow; to come to a more
shallow part of; as, a ship shoals her water by advancing into that
which is less deep.
The word shoal is a 5 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for shoal is: shoal