Definition of shrink
- v. i. - To wrinkle, bend, or curl; to shrivel; hence, to
contract into a less extent or compass; to gather together; to become
- v. i. - To withdraw or retire, as from danger; to decline action
from fear; to recoil, as in fear, horror, or distress.
- v. i. - To express fear, horror, or pain by contracting the
body, or part of it; to shudder; to quake.
- v. t. - To cause to contract or shrink; as, to shrink finnel by
imersing it in boiling water.
- v. t. - To draw back; to withdraw.
- n. - The act shrinking; shrinkage; contraction; also, recoil;
The word shrink is a 6 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for shrink is: shrink