Anagrams Of Sort
Definition of sort
- n. - Chance; lot; destiny.
- n. - A kind or species; any number or collection of individual
persons or things characterized by the same or like qualities; a class
or order; as, a sort of men; a sort of horses; a sort of trees; a sort
- n. - Manner; form of being or acting.
- n. - Condition above the vulgar; rank.
- n. - A chance group; a company of persons who happen to be
together; a troop; also, an assemblage of animals.
- n. - A pair; a set; a suit.
- n. - Letters, figures, points, marks, spaces, or quadrats,
belonging to a case, separately considered.
- v. t. - To separate, and place in distinct classes or divisions,
as things having different qualities; as, to sort cloths according to
their colors; to sort wool or thread according to its fineness.
- v. t. - To reduce to order from a confused state.
- v. t. - To conjoin; to put together in distribution; to class.
- v. t. - To choose from a number; to select; to cull.
- v. t. - To conform; to adapt; to accommodate.
- v. i. - To join or associate with others, esp. with others of the
same kind or species; to agree.
- v. i. - To suit; to fit; to be in accord; to harmonize.
The word sort is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for sort is: sort