Definition of ticket
- v. - A small piece of paper, cardboard, or the like, serving as
a notice, certificate, or distinguishing token of something.
- v. - A little note or notice.
- v. - A tradesman's bill or account.
- v. - A certificate or token of right of admission to a place of
assembly, or of passage in a public conveyance; as, a theater ticket; a
railroad or steamboat ticket.
- v. - A label to show the character or price of goods.
- v. - A certificate or token of a share in a lottery or other
scheme for distributing money, goods, or the like.
- v. - A printed list of candidates to be voted for at an
election; a set of nominations by one party for election; a ballot.
- v. t. - To distinguish by a ticket; to put a ticket on; as, to
- v. t. - To furnish with a tickets; to book; as, to ticket
passengers to California.