Anagrams Of Tun
Definition of tun
- n. - A large cask; an oblong vessel bulging in the middle, like a
pipe or puncheon, and girt with hoops; a wine cask.
- n. - A fermenting vat.
- n. - A certain measure for liquids, as for wine, equal to two
pipes, four hogsheads, or 252 gallons. In different countries, the tun
differs in quantity.
- n. - A weight of 2,240 pounds. See Ton.
- n. - An indefinite large quantity.
- n. - A drunkard; -- so called humorously, or in contempt.
- n. - Any shell belonging to Dolium and allied genera; -- called
- v. i. - To put into tuns, or casks.