Words Containing End
Definition of end
- n. - The extreme or last point or part of any material thing
considered lengthwise (the extremity of breadth being side); hence,
extremity, in general; the concluding part; termination; close; limit;
as, the end of a field, line, pole, road; the end of a year, of a
discourse; put an end to pain; -- opposed to beginning, when used of
anything having a first part.
- n. - Point beyond which no procession can be made; conclusion;
issue; result, whether successful or otherwise; conclusive event;
- n. - Termination of being; death; destruction; extermination; also,
cause of death or destruction.
- n. - The object aimed at in any effort considered as the close and
effect of exertion; ppurpose; intention; aim; as, to labor for private
or public ends.
- n. - That which is left; a remnant; a fragment; a scrap; as, odds
- n. - One of the yarns of the worsted warp in a Brussels carpet.
- v. t. - To bring to an end or conclusion; to finish; to close; to
terminate; as, to end a speech.
- v. t. - To form or be at the end of; as, the letter k ends the word
- v. t. - To destroy; to put to death.
- v. i. - To come to the ultimate point; to be finished; to come to a
close; to cease; to terminate; as, a voyage ends; life ends; winter
The word end is a 3 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for end is: end