Starting With Paddle
Definition of paddle
- v. i. - To use the hands or fingers in toying; to make caressing
- v. i. - To dabble in water with hands or feet; to use a paddle,
or something which serves as a paddle, in swimming, in paddling a boat,
- v. t. - To pat or stroke amorously, or gently.
- v. t. - To propel with, or as with, a paddle or paddles.
- v. t. - To pad; to tread upon; to trample.
- v. i. - An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a
fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and boats.
- v. i. - The broad part of a paddle, with which the stroke is
made; hence, any short, broad blade, resembling that of a paddle.
- v. i. - One of the broad boards, or floats, at the circumference
of a water wheel, or paddle wheel.
- v. i. - A small gate in sluices or lock gates to admit or let
off water; -- also called clough.
- v. i. - A paddle-shaped foot, as of the sea turtle.
- v. i. - A paddle-shaped implement for string or mixing.
- v. i. - See Paddle staff (b), below.