Anagrams Of Image
Definition of image
- n. - An imitation, representation, or similitude of any person,
thing, or act, sculptured, drawn, painted, or otherwise made
perceptible to the sight; a visible presentation; a copy; a likeness;
an effigy; a picture; a semblance.
- n. - Hence: The likeness of anything to which worship is paid; an
- n. - Show; appearance; cast.
- n. - A representation of anything to the mind; a picture drawn by
the fancy; a conception; an idea.
- n. - A picture, example, or illustration, often taken from
sensible objects, and used to illustrate a subject; usually, an
- n. - The figure or picture of any object formed at the focus of a
lens or mirror, by rays of light from the several points of the object
symmetrically refracted or reflected to corresponding points in such
focus; this may be received on a screen, a photographic plate, or the
retina of the eye, and viewed directly by the eye, or with an eyeglass,
as in the telescope and microscope; the likeness of an object formed by
reflection; as, to see one's image in a mirror.
- v. t. - To represent or form an image of; as, the still lake
imaged the shore; the mirror imaged her figure.
- v. t. - To represent to the mental vision; to form a likeness of
by the fancy or recollection; to imagine.
The word image is a 5 letter word that has 2 syllable 's . The syllable division for image is: im-age