Anagrams Of Rear
Definition of rear
- adv. - Early; soon.
- n. - The back or hindmost part; that which is behind, or last in
order; -- opposed to front.
- n. - Specifically, the part of an army or fleet which comes last,
or is stationed behind the rest.
- a. - Being behind, or in the hindmost part; hindmost; as, the rear
rank of a company.
- v. t. - To place in the rear; to secure the rear of.
- v. t. - To raise; to lift up; to cause to rise, become erect,
etc.; to elevate; as, to rear a monolith.
- v. t. - To erect by building; to set up; to construct; as, to rear
defenses or houses; to rear one government on the ruins of another.
- v. t. - To lift and take up.
- v. t. - To bring up to maturity, as young; to educate; to
instruct; to foster; as, to rear offspring.
- v. t. - To breed and raise; as, to rear cattle.
- v. t. - To rouse; to stir up.
- v. i. - To rise up on the hind legs, as a horse; to become erect.
The word rear is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for rear is: rear