Anagrams Of Slate
Definition of slate
- v. t. - An argillaceous rock which readily splits into thin
plates; argillite; argillaceous schist.
- v. t. - Any rock or stone having a slaty structure.
- v. t. - A prepared piece of such stone.
- v. t. - A thin, flat piece, for roofing or covering houses, etc.
- v. t. - A tablet for writing upon.
- v. t. - An artificial material, resembling slate, and used for
the above purposes.
- v. t. - A thin plate of any material; a flake.
- v. t. - A list of candidates, prepared for nomination or for
election; a list of candidates, or a programme of action, devised
- v. t. - To cover with slate, or with a substance resembling
slate; as, to slate a roof; to slate a globe.
- v. t. - To register (as on a slate and subject to revision), for
- v. t. - To set a dog upon; to bait; to slat. See 2d Slat, 3.
The word slate is a 5 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for slate is: slate