Definition of strand
- n. - One of the twists, or strings, as of fibers, wires, etc.,
of which a rope is composed.
- v. t. - To break a strand of (a rope).
- n. - The shore, especially the beach of a sea, ocean, or large
lake; rarely, the margin of a navigable river.
- v. t. - To drive on a strand; hence, to run aground; as, to
strand a ship.
- v. i. - To drift, or be driven, on shore to run aground; as, the
ship stranded at high water.
The word strand is a 6 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for strand is: strand