Definition of vacancy
- n. - The quality or state of being vacant; emptiness; hence,
freedom from employment; intermission; leisure; idleness; listlessness.
- n. - That which is vacant.
- n. - Empty space; vacuity; vacuum.
- n. - An open or unoccupied space between bodies or things; an
interruption of continuity; chasm; gap; as, a vacancy between
buildings; a vacancy between sentences or thoughts.
- n. - Unemployed time; interval of leisure; time of
- n. - A place or post unfilled; an unoccupied office; as, a
vacancy in the senate, in a school, etc.