Anagrams Of Live
Definition of live
- v. i. - To be alive; to have life; to have, as an animal or a
plant, the capacity of assimilating matter as food, and to be dependent
on such assimilation for a continuance of existence; as, animals and
plants that live to a great age are long in reaching maturity.
- v. i. - To pass one's time; to pass life or time in a certain
manner, as to habits, conduct, or circumstances; as, to live in ease or
affluence; to live happily or usefully.
- v. i. - To make one's abiding place or home; to abide; to dwell;
- v. i. - To be or continue in existence; to exist; to remain; to be
permanent; to last; -- said of inanimate objects, ideas, etc.
- v. i. - To enjoy or make the most of life; to be in a state of
- v. i. - To feed; to subsist; to be nourished or supported; -- with
on; as, horses live on grass and grain.
- v. i. - To have a spiritual existence; to be quickened, nourished,
and actuated by divine influence or faith.
- v. i. - To be maintained in life; to acquire a livelihood; to
subsist; -- with on or by; as, to live on spoils.
- v. i. - To outlast danger; to float; -- said of a ship, boat,
etc.; as, no ship could live in such a storm.
- v. t. - To spend, as one's life; to pass; to maintain; to continue
in, constantly or habitually; as, to live an idle or a useful life.
- v. t. - To act habitually in conformity with; to practice.
- a. - Having life; alive; living; not dead.
- a. - Being in a state of ignition; burning; having active
properties; as, a live coal; live embers.
- a. - Full of earnestness; active; wide awake; glowing; as, a live
man, or orator.
- a. - Vivid; bright.
- a. - Imparting power; having motion; as, the live spindle of a
- n. - Life.
The word live is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for live is: live