Anagrams Of Veil
Definition of veil
- n. - Something hung up, or spread out, to intercept the view, and
hide an object; a cover; a curtain; esp., a screen, usually of gauze,
crape, or similar diaphnous material, to hide or protect the face.
- n. - A cover; disguise; a mask; a pretense.
- n. - The calyptra of mosses.
- n. - A membrane connecting the margin of the pileus of a mushroom
with the stalk; -- called also velum.
- n. - A covering for a person or thing; as, a nun's veil; a paten
veil; an altar veil.
- n. - Same as Velum, 3.
- n. - To throw a veil over; to cover with a veil.
- n. - Fig.: To invest; to cover; to hide; to conceal.
The word veil is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for veil is: veil