Anagrams Of Reach
Definition of reach
- v. i. - To retch.
- n. - An effort to vomit.
- v. t. - To extend; to stretch; to thrust out; to put forth, as a
limb, a member, something held, or the like.
- v. t. - Hence, to deliver by stretching out a member, especially
the hand; to give with the hand; to pass to another; to hand over; as,
to reach one a book.
- v. t. - To attain or obtain by stretching forth the hand; to
extend some part of the body, or something held by one, so as to touch,
strike, grasp, or the like; as, to reach an object with the hand, or
with a spear.
- v. t. - To strike, hit, or touch with a missile; as, to reach an
object with an arrow, a bullet, or a shell.
- v. t. - Hence, to extend an action, effort, or influence to; to
penetrate to; to pierce, or cut, as far as.
- v. t. - To extend to; to stretch out as far as; to touch by
virtue of extent; as, his land reaches the river.
- v. t. - To arrive at; to come to; to get as far as.
- v. t. - To arrive at by effort of any kind; to attain to; to
gain; to be advanced to.
- v. t. - To understand; to comprehend.
- v. t. - To overreach; to deceive.
- v. i. - To stretch out the hand.
- v. i. - To strain after something; to make efforts.
- v. i. - To extend in dimension, time, amount, action, influence,
etc., so as to touch, attain to, or be equal to, something.
- v. i. - To sail on the wind, as from one point of tacking to
another, or with the wind nearly abeam.
- n. - The act of stretching or extending; extension; power of
reaching or touching with the person, or a limb, or something held or
thrown; as, the fruit is beyond my reach; to be within reach of cannon
- n. - The power of stretching out or extending action, influence,
or the like; power of attainment or management; extent of force or
- n. - Extent; stretch; expanse; hence, application; influence;
- n. - An extended portion of land or water; a stretch; a straight
portion of a stream or river, as from one turn to another; a level
stretch, as between locks in a canal; an arm of the sea extending up
into the land.
- n. - An artifice to obtain an advantage.
- n. - The pole or rod which connects the hind axle with the
forward bolster of a wagon.
The word reach is a 5 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for reach is: reach