Anagrams Of Roast
Definition of roast
- v. t. - To cook by exposure to radiant heat before a fire; as, to
roast meat on a spit, or in an oven open toward the fire and having
reflecting surfaces within; also, to cook in a close oven.
- v. t. - To cook by surrounding with hot embers, ashes, sand,
etc.; as, to roast a potato in ashes.
- v. t. - To dry and parch by exposure to heat; as, to roast
coffee; to roast chestnuts, or peanuts.
- v. t. - Hence, to heat to excess; to heat violently; to burn.
- v. t. - To dissipate by heat the volatile parts of, as ores.
- v. t. - To banter severely.
- v. i. - To cook meat, fish, etc., by heat, as before the fire or
in an oven.
- v. i. - To undergo the process of being roasted.
- n. - That which is roasted; a piece of meat which has been
roasted, or is suitable for being roasted.
- a. - Roasted; as, roast beef.
The word roast is a 5 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for roast is: roast