Anagrams Of Rate
Definition of rate
- v. t. & i. - To chide with vehemence; to scold; to censure
- n. - Established portion or measure; fixed allowance.
- n. - That which is established as a measure or criterion; degree;
standard; rank; proportion; ratio; as, a slow rate of movement; rate of
interest is the ratio of the interest to the principal, per annum.
- n. - Valuation; price fixed with relation to a standard; cost;
charge; as, high or low rates of transportation.
- n. - A tax or sum assessed by authority on property for public
use, according to its income or value; esp., in England, a local tax;
as, parish rates; town rates.
- n. - Order; arrangement.
- n. - Ratification; approval.
- n. - The gain or loss of a timepiece in a unit of time; as, daily
rate; hourly rate; etc.
- n. - The order or class to which a war vessel belongs, determined
according to its size, armament, etc.; as, first rate, second rate,
- n. - The class of a merchant vessel for marine insurance,
determined by its relative safety as a risk, as A1, A2, etc.
- v. t. - To set a certain estimate on; to value at a certain price
- v. t. - To assess for the payment of a rate or tax.
- v. t. - To settle the relative scale, rank, position, amount,
value, or quality of; as, to rate a ship; to rate a seaman; to rate a
- v. t. - To ratify.
- v. i. - To be set or considered in a class; to have rank; as, the
ship rates as a ship of the line.
- v. i. - To make an estimate.
The word rate is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for rate is: rate