Anagrams Of Tear
Definition of tear
- n. - A drop of the limpid, saline fluid secreted, normally in
small amount, by the lachrymal gland, and diffused between the eye and
the eyelids to moisten the parts and facilitate their motion.
Ordinarily the secretion passes through the lachrymal duct into the
nose, but when it is increased by emotion or other causes, it overflows
- n. - Something in the form of a transparent drop of fluid matter;
also, a solid, transparent, tear-shaped drop, as of some balsams or
- n. - That which causes or accompanies tears; a lament; a dirge.
- v. t. - To separate by violence; to pull apart by force; to rend;
to lacerate; as, to tear cloth; to tear a garment; to tear the skin or
- v. t. - Hence, to divide by violent measures; to disrupt; to rend;
as, a party or government torn by factions.
- v. t. - To rend away; to force away; to remove by force; to
sunder; as, a child torn from its home.
- v. t. - To pull with violence; as, to tear the hair.
- v. t. - To move violently; to agitate.
- v. i. - To divide or separate on being pulled; to be rent; as,
this cloth tears easily.
- v. i. - To move and act with turbulent violence; to rush with
violence; hence, to rage; to rave.
- n. - The act of tearing, or the state of being torn; a rent; a
The word tear is a 4 letter word that has 1 syllable . The syllable division for tear is: tear